Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Venturing into Full Time Photography?

This is the question that is on my mind right now... Should I or should I not... This is not a easy question considering that I have a stable full time job that is paying relativly well... And on the other hand, who doesn't like being your own boss :) Being a photographer has always been in the pipeline as this is the one job I truly enjoy. I am always looking forward to the next wedding assignment. You will never find me dragging my feet to cover a wedding. :)

Signed myself up for mentorship session with Ezra which I hope to find out more about venturing into Full Time Photography and hopefully find a style I can call my own.

Have been reading up and watching DVDs from photographers to try to pick up some shooting tips and skills.

Hopefully one day I can find my own style and venture into the wedding photography industry. Until then, I will have to be a free-lance photographer. :)

4 comments:

Oleagopoly said...

been long since i popped by your blog! glad to hear you're doing well. indeed a very difficult decision to make. all the best to you! I'm sure you'll do well as a FT photographer! *but that would mean more sundays away... which i'm sure is within your consideration* =) will need loads of publicity too!

Linus Siaw said...

Thanks for popping by... enjoying your new DSLR?

Thanks for the kind encouragements... :) One deal I made with God is that I will not be taking up wedding jobs on a Sunday...

"Remember The Sabbath Day, To Keep It Holy." Exodus 20:8

That means 52 less clients... :) But I am sure God will be gracious and faithful to His promise. :)

I have also started my publicity program with blissful brides. Hope that I will have good returns.

Oleagopoly said...

yeah glad you worked it true! hope to see more works from you ..

Me ah enjoy the new DSLR, but recently no time for it due to work. (my blog already went dead).. I have a facebook acct. think can share one recent album i took in Cameron from there:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=110837&id=701136904&l=07640b26bd

you have a FB acct? can consider getting one there to expand your customoer pool =) quite an active space...

Linus Siaw said...

Hi... yeah long time no hear from you.. :) Yeah I do have a facebook account... but that's more personal... will put up a 2lives1path facebook account soon to showcase all my works..

Thanks for all your encouragement... will Jia You!