Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Remembering National Stadium

Singapore National Stadium (1973-2007) home of the Kallang Wave & Kallang Roar. It is where countless football matches and concerts were held. It was our home ground when Singapore was back in the M-League. Memories of contributing to the Flashcard display for NDP still fresh in my mind. It is a part of Singapore and a distinct landmark in the Kallang area. Sad to say, it is going to make way for the new upcoming Sport Hub.

As the chinese saying goes... if you don't throw away old stuffs, there's no place to accomadate new stuffs...

Some fond memories of national Stadium... the Last NDP 2006 at Kallang.....

I had fun playing around with my Fisheye Lens.. Cool!

Just look at all the faces of the people... giving their very best both as a spectator and as participants for the last NDP@Kallang



I like the expression of kids... kids love camera and photogrpaher loves kids....




Everyone was having fun.... the floodlights are a clear distinct feature of the National Stadium.


Proud to be a Singaporean

Look whos there?

The last light......


A grand finale of fireworks.

You can still go to National Stadium to take pictures until it closes it's gates to the last soccer match between Singapore and Australia (Correct me if I am wrong). But National Studium will always be special in my heart and I am sure it means something to you too.... :)

No comments: